Skip to main content

Week 10A: Researching Email Marketing

1. I think I should send two emails per month. The reason I think this is a good schedule is because we are a weekly delivery service. I think that by sending a newsletter every 2 weeks it will remind customers to reorder product if they have run out, and remind those who have been meaning to try it that we're here. I also would like for this newsletter to be interesting and something customers actually want to read. If I send out newsletters too frequently, they will inevitably get annoying and start to be ignored. 

2. Some of my ideas for this newsletter are updates on children's nutrition. I would look at recent studies, books, articles etc. and use them as a starting point to write a quick but insightful newsletter that teaches something new about child development. I also think it would be fun to share recipes on the newsletter, similar to my idea for a blog. Each newsletter will feature a new recipe that can be made using our products. I also think it would be great to update about any new work we are doing with local vendors. A major piece of my business model is that we work exclusively with local organic farms. I'd love to update our email list whenever one of our farmers has an exciting update on their business, or let them know when a new produce has come in season! I want it to feel like a community update and not just an ad. It could also be interesting to sometimes share a customer story, something that the readers can relate to. For example, if we have a client that wishes to share how introducing NuNu into their families routine has helped improved their toddlers behavior. For example this is a post from a children's supplement company that explains how adding key nutrients to their children's diet has helped with their temperament issues. Lastly, I will feature promotions and coupons on the newsletter that are only available via email subscription (for example, Holiday Promo!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9B: Using Categories

 The categories I would use on my blog would be Recipes, Health, and Meet our Team. Recipes would feature innovative ways you can use the product to make other more complex recipes. For example, using our Asparagus Pea Mash to make a hearty green veggie soup. Health would be for posts about infant and child nutrition, which explains why our recipes are designed the way they are. Finally, Meet our Team would be a monthly series in which we highlight one of our team members or venders. I feel that this will be a great way for new customers to get to know our business from a human to human level. In my opinion, by highlighting our team members and vendors we will build trust with our customers and build a stronger sense of community. 

Week 2A: Communication Between Business & Consumer

      There's no question that social media has drastically changed the relationship between businesses and consumers. The main factor enacting this change is the way social platforms have streamlined each parties ability to communicate with one another. Through the targeted ad options provided by platforms like facebook, instagram and yelp, companies can now create hyper-specific profiles of the type of consumer they wish to see their ad. For example, I am a health nut. I'd guess 80% of my internet searches are surrounding nutrition, spiritual wellness, exercise, or researching health related goods and services. On top of that, most accounts I follow besides from personal friends and family are in the personal wellness field. Because of this, nearly all of my ads are products in this category. Teas, workout programs, yoga retreats, the companies selling these products have worked with social media platforms to determine i am a likely purchas...

Week 14A: Social Media Management Tools

Nunu is currently a one person operation, two if you include my mom helping me watch after the baby! Because of this, I feel that SocialPilot will be the best social media management service for me. They do not offer a free service but their paid plan is very affordable, the basic version being $42.50 a month which allow access for up to three users. This plan helps in scheduling posts for up to 20 social media accounts. They will also give analytics of accounts and help with customer support. I don't think that I will be using any management service initially. The daily operation for my business allots for an entire day dedicated to social media and community outreach. See below: Saturday: Go to vendors to pick up product for the first batch of deliveries.   Sunday: Prepare meals for the first delivery route.   Monday: First delivery route of the week (delivery schedule is designed to accommodate customers work schedule. There will be morning, afternoon, and evening deliver...