Skip to main content

Week 14A: Social Media Management Tools

Nunu is currently a one person operation, two if you include my mom helping me watch after the baby! Because of this, I feel that SocialPilot will be the best social media management service for me. They do not offer a free service but their paid plan is very affordable, the basic version being $42.50 a month which allow access for up to three users. This plan helps in scheduling posts for up to 20 social media accounts. They will also give analytics of accounts and help with customer support. I don't think that I will be using any management service initially. The daily operation for my business allots for an entire day dedicated to social media and community outreach. See below:

  • Saturday: Go to vendors to pick up product for the first batch of deliveries. 
  • Sunday: Prepare meals for the first delivery route. 
  • Monday: First delivery route of the week (delivery schedule is designed to accommodate customers work schedule. There will be morning, afternoon, and evening delivery times available.)
  • Tuesday: Go to vendors and pick up product for second delivery run. Next, prepare meals for second delivery route. 
  • Wednesday: Second delivery route of the week.
  • Thursday: Prepare one week of scheduled social media posts, write newsletter, update website, recipe experimentation, public relations, address customer feedback, accounting.
  • Friday: Community outreach (visit local schools, businesses, meet with potential social media partners, visit potential vendors.
I replied to Manny first. He and I came to the same decision that we would prefer doing our own posting and save money that would be spent on a management service. 


Second I replied to Sarah. She did extra research looking into the top free management services. She had a great point in saying that she would prefer to start with a free service before committing to a paid provider. 


Finally, I replied to Max's post. He made the great point that while there are managers which cost less, they often do not provide the same standard of service as the higher price point sites. I definitely agree with him that quality trumps quantity, and if I do one day decide to use one of these services I will opt for a premium service like Sprout Social. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2A: Communication Between Business & Consumer

      There's no question that social media has drastically changed the relationship between businesses and consumers. The main factor enacting this change is the way social platforms have streamlined each parties ability to communicate with one another. Through the targeted ad options provided by platforms like facebook, instagram and yelp, companies can now create hyper-specific profiles of the type of consumer they wish to see their ad. For example, I am a health nut. I'd guess 80% of my internet searches are surrounding nutrition, spiritual wellness, exercise, or researching health related goods and services. On top of that, most accounts I follow besides from personal friends and family are in the personal wellness field. Because of this, nearly all of my ads are products in this category. Teas, workout programs, yoga retreats, the companies selling these products have worked with social media platforms to determine i am a likely purchaser, and pay to ensure their content

Week 1A: My Blog Theme

      When choosing a blog theme, I debated my options. I first considered something custom, flashy, and artistic. Something unforgettable. However, upon playing around with this concept, everything felt a bit too busy. My next consideration was to go hyper minimalist. While the clean lines and neutral colors relaxed my lizard brain, the overall mood of my blog felt to blank to be an expression of myself. I suddenly realized that this theme debacle represented an issue I have found myself grabbling with time and time again.      My personal aesthetic is difficult to define. Sofia Coppola's film Marie Antoinette is something of a dream to me. Everything colorful, ornate, details and design bursting from every angle. My favorite couture designers have always been maxi-mists. Vivienne Westwood, Jean Paul Gaultuer, Alexander McQueen- not known for their restraint on the runway. However, when it comes to my personal spaces, my home, my furniture and linen preferences, the kind of archit

Week 3A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

1.      The first website I see issues with is that of MGBD Parts. The mixed font sizes and colors is very disorienting and its hard to focus on any one point they are trying to get across. Also, there isn't a clean introduction page, you are just thrown into a messy homepage with images and font spread all over the page, nothing is centering your attention and its hard to know where you're supposed to look. Thirdly, the page is very outdated, it gives the impression that the owner hasn't taken time to modernize their company and may not provide top tier service.      The second website I visited was Penny Juice. Like MGBD Parts, the homepage is not giving me a clear message as to where they want me to go. I cant tell if they're selling a product, raising money, or just an info page. I also feel that the stock images that they put on their website steer me away from trusting their product, as it gives me the impression that there isn't tremendous pride in their bran