Skip to main content

Week 12A: Using Business Specific Tools

 Online Collaboration Tools:

These are services which allow coworkers to collaborate remotely, and online office space if you will. I can definitely see myself using Monday.com to help keep myself organized and ensure that all tasks are accomplished when they need to be. Because Nunu is such a small operation, I don't see myself using most of these services simply because there isn't a company infrastructure which calls for it. However, I can see using the video conference feature for meeting with vendors and with companies that we will be partnering with for cross promotion. 

Social Networking for Professionals:

LinkedIn to me has always seemed like an easy way to look up anyones resume. It's a great tool when looking for new employees or collaborators. Where one would once have to rely on headhunters and word of mouth, LinkedIn makes it simple to look for professionals with relative experience that cater to your specific needs. I definitely think LinkedIn would be a powerful tool for my company. I would like to collaborate with nutritionists and medical professionals who work in the field of child development. LinkedIn will make finding these collaborators very easy, and will make it easy for them to understand what my business is. 

Meet Up Groups:

Meet Up would be a very powerful tool for Nunu. Our goal is to become a player in the wellness and food science community. We also want to work with other brands and influencers that participate in the child care community. I plan on starting a group for moms in the community, with weekly guest speakers (like doctors I linked with on LinkedIn) who talk about nutrition. How fun would a MeetUp be where every week North County moms come together to swap tips and tricks for parenting and raising happy healthy families. 

Google Business:

I think that every business needs a Google Business account. It's so important for making sure your potential customers can have all of the right information about your business, like hours of operations and contact information. Since we will be operating out a commercial kitchen, Nunu doesn't necessarily need a Google Maps location but I still think it will be beneficial to be on the platform to make finding our website easier. 

Rating Sites:

Yelp is another platform that I think every business should have. Nunu will have a Yelp because it creates a sense of security for new customers. When they see that others have tried and enjoyed your product, it gives your brand credibility. My plan is to offer customers 20% off their next order for making a Yelp review. Another great benefit of Yelp is the ability to interact directly with customers. Businesses can reply to reviews, posititive and negative. This gives business owners the opportunity to address any concerns on a public platform and hopefully do damage control before it effects your business. I also plan on advertising on Yelp because I personally use the site whenever I'm looking for a new business to try. Food, exercise studio, stores, I always use Yelp. Paying for advertising will put my company high on the list of results for users looking for children's meals and delivery services. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2A: Communication Between Business & Consumer

      There's no question that social media has drastically changed the relationship between businesses and consumers. The main factor enacting this change is the way social platforms have streamlined each parties ability to communicate with one another. Through the targeted ad options provided by platforms like facebook, instagram and yelp, companies can now create hyper-specific profiles of the type of consumer they wish to see their ad. For example, I am a health nut. I'd guess 80% of my internet searches are surrounding nutrition, spiritual wellness, exercise, or researching health related goods and services. On top of that, most accounts I follow besides from personal friends and family are in the personal wellness field. Because of this, nearly all of my ads are products in this category. Teas, workout programs, yoga retreats, the companies selling these products have worked with social media platforms to determine i am a likely purchaser, and pay to ensure their content

Week 1A: My Blog Theme

      When choosing a blog theme, I debated my options. I first considered something custom, flashy, and artistic. Something unforgettable. However, upon playing around with this concept, everything felt a bit too busy. My next consideration was to go hyper minimalist. While the clean lines and neutral colors relaxed my lizard brain, the overall mood of my blog felt to blank to be an expression of myself. I suddenly realized that this theme debacle represented an issue I have found myself grabbling with time and time again.      My personal aesthetic is difficult to define. Sofia Coppola's film Marie Antoinette is something of a dream to me. Everything colorful, ornate, details and design bursting from every angle. My favorite couture designers have always been maxi-mists. Vivienne Westwood, Jean Paul Gaultuer, Alexander McQueen- not known for their restraint on the runway. However, when it comes to my personal spaces, my home, my furniture and linen preferences, the kind of archit

Week 3A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

1.      The first website I see issues with is that of MGBD Parts. The mixed font sizes and colors is very disorienting and its hard to focus on any one point they are trying to get across. Also, there isn't a clean introduction page, you are just thrown into a messy homepage with images and font spread all over the page, nothing is centering your attention and its hard to know where you're supposed to look. Thirdly, the page is very outdated, it gives the impression that the owner hasn't taken time to modernize their company and may not provide top tier service.      The second website I visited was Penny Juice. Like MGBD Parts, the homepage is not giving me a clear message as to where they want me to go. I cant tell if they're selling a product, raising money, or just an info page. I also feel that the stock images that they put on their website steer me away from trusting their product, as it gives me the impression that there isn't tremendous pride in their bran