Skip to main content

Week 16A: Developing Your Marketing Strategy

I feel that Instagram and Facebook will integrate best with my business. I feel that these are the two platforms where my target consumer, working parents, spend their time. By posting interesting and sharable content like infographics and recipes, I think that instagram will be a powerful tool not just for brand awareness but community interaction. Facebook groups are extremely appealing to me as a way to market my business. In week 6 when we learned about engaging with customers on Facebook I learned how many groups there are in the area dedicated to raising families. My plan is to join these groups and post about Nunu to spread my brand awareness with the moms and dads of North County. I also really believe in the use of a email newsletter and maintaining a blog on Nunu's website. When researching other companies, I connected most with the ones that created content that went deeper than simply talking about their own product and trying to convince users to buy it. It's my philosophy that building community is the way to keep a company sustainable and build strong customer loyalty. By keeping a blog and newsletter which talk about our common interests which are relevant to Nunu's brand identity, we will make more than a business. We will make a space where people feel engaged and excited to be part of. 

In a previous post I shared my daily operation plan for Nunu, specified for each the day of the week. I think that everyday I will commit at least an hour to addressing any customer messages, replying to comments, and looking for new accounts to engage with. This is so that I am always actively monitoring the account and active for my audience. Once a week I will set aside time to schedule our posts for the seven days. Throughout the work week I will always be on the look for photo opportunities and keeping an ear out for any stories that will be worth posting. This is because while I can schedule posts in advance, I think that finding quality content is a full time job. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2A: Communication Between Business & Consumer

      There's no question that social media has drastically changed the relationship between businesses and consumers. The main factor enacting this change is the way social platforms have streamlined each parties ability to communicate with one another. Through the targeted ad options provided by platforms like facebook, instagram and yelp, companies can now create hyper-specific profiles of the type of consumer they wish to see their ad. For example, I am a health nut. I'd guess 80% of my internet searches are surrounding nutrition, spiritual wellness, exercise, or researching health related goods and services. On top of that, most accounts I follow besides from personal friends and family are in the personal wellness field. Because of this, nearly all of my ads are products in this category. Teas, workout programs, yoga retreats, the companies selling these products have worked with social media platforms to determine i am a likely purchaser, and pay to ensure their content

Week 1A: My Blog Theme

      When choosing a blog theme, I debated my options. I first considered something custom, flashy, and artistic. Something unforgettable. However, upon playing around with this concept, everything felt a bit too busy. My next consideration was to go hyper minimalist. While the clean lines and neutral colors relaxed my lizard brain, the overall mood of my blog felt to blank to be an expression of myself. I suddenly realized that this theme debacle represented an issue I have found myself grabbling with time and time again.      My personal aesthetic is difficult to define. Sofia Coppola's film Marie Antoinette is something of a dream to me. Everything colorful, ornate, details and design bursting from every angle. My favorite couture designers have always been maxi-mists. Vivienne Westwood, Jean Paul Gaultuer, Alexander McQueen- not known for their restraint on the runway. However, when it comes to my personal spaces, my home, my furniture and linen preferences, the kind of archit

Week 3A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

1.      The first website I see issues with is that of MGBD Parts. The mixed font sizes and colors is very disorienting and its hard to focus on any one point they are trying to get across. Also, there isn't a clean introduction page, you are just thrown into a messy homepage with images and font spread all over the page, nothing is centering your attention and its hard to know where you're supposed to look. Thirdly, the page is very outdated, it gives the impression that the owner hasn't taken time to modernize their company and may not provide top tier service.      The second website I visited was Penny Juice. Like MGBD Parts, the homepage is not giving me a clear message as to where they want me to go. I cant tell if they're selling a product, raising money, or just an info page. I also feel that the stock images that they put on their website steer me away from trusting their product, as it gives me the impression that there isn't tremendous pride in their bran