Skip to main content

Week 9A: Blogs, Vlogs, Podcasts and Webinars

In my opinion, it is always a great idea for a business to add an extra level of relatability in their messaging. I can think of a few situations in which personal touches will enhance a post. Firstly, I feel that customer stories can be really helpful in adding value to a product. For example, if I were to share a customers story about how before ordering NuNu, they struggled to balance work with being a new parent. I would use this to show that the product is more than just another food product, but a company that cares about helping families live a better life. I think that using personal information can also be powerful when a company talks about their team. Featuring an employee bio once a month can help customers feel like they really know who is running Nunu and why. It makes them trust the company more because it gives a face to the service, and also shows that theres human element of why we do what we do. It makes the customer see that we care about more than just taking their money in exchange for a service. We want them to know that our business is run by people with families of their own who can relate to their own lives. I also think it would be positive to share personal touches in showcasing our vendors. Local farmers and business owners who take pride in what they do. It shows the potential buyer that we care about quality and supporting the community we all live in. 

My first thought in considering how other businesses use this tool is The Honest Company. Jessica Alba is a famous movie star who opened a business with the intention of providing clean bath products for children. A great deal of their content on YouTube and social media features Jessica talking about her own family. In doing this, we connect with her. We know that she created this business because it is something she herself wanted and understood the need for. I also think about one of our earliest assignments in which we compared a small local business to a chain. I took time looking through the Sprouts Market website and commented on the fact that they had a blog like page which featured recipes and health tips. This is really powerful for a supermarket because people who are simply searching for recipes are brought to their website. After reading their food blog you can simply order the ingredients online and make whatever dish you chose that same night. It also adds more value to their products because it shows customers how they can use them! 

I struggle to think of any business that can't benefit from this kind of outreach. I could see banks benefiting from it by making a blog that gives personal finance and investing tips. I can imagine a used car dealership benefiting by talking about different vintage models of cars and how to work on them yourself, for example, "How to Change Your Own Oil." Every company needs to build a rapport with their customers. Even insurance companies try to make their commercials appeal to peoples personal life. A blog is just that extra step. If given the choice between two mechanics, one that had an informative blog and one that didn't, I would choose the one with a blog because it gives the sense that I know them better and that they care more about me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2A: Communication Between Business & Consumer

      There's no question that social media has drastically changed the relationship between businesses and consumers. The main factor enacting this change is the way social platforms have streamlined each parties ability to communicate with one another. Through the targeted ad options provided by platforms like facebook, instagram and yelp, companies can now create hyper-specific profiles of the type of consumer they wish to see their ad. For example, I am a health nut. I'd guess 80% of my internet searches are surrounding nutrition, spiritual wellness, exercise, or researching health related goods and services. On top of that, most accounts I follow besides from personal friends and family are in the personal wellness field. Because of this, nearly all of my ads are products in this category. Teas, workout programs, yoga retreats, the companies selling these products have worked with social media platforms to determine i am a likely purchaser, and pay to ensure their content

Week 1A: My Blog Theme

      When choosing a blog theme, I debated my options. I first considered something custom, flashy, and artistic. Something unforgettable. However, upon playing around with this concept, everything felt a bit too busy. My next consideration was to go hyper minimalist. While the clean lines and neutral colors relaxed my lizard brain, the overall mood of my blog felt to blank to be an expression of myself. I suddenly realized that this theme debacle represented an issue I have found myself grabbling with time and time again.      My personal aesthetic is difficult to define. Sofia Coppola's film Marie Antoinette is something of a dream to me. Everything colorful, ornate, details and design bursting from every angle. My favorite couture designers have always been maxi-mists. Vivienne Westwood, Jean Paul Gaultuer, Alexander McQueen- not known for their restraint on the runway. However, when it comes to my personal spaces, my home, my furniture and linen preferences, the kind of archit

Week 3A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

1.      The first website I see issues with is that of MGBD Parts. The mixed font sizes and colors is very disorienting and its hard to focus on any one point they are trying to get across. Also, there isn't a clean introduction page, you are just thrown into a messy homepage with images and font spread all over the page, nothing is centering your attention and its hard to know where you're supposed to look. Thirdly, the page is very outdated, it gives the impression that the owner hasn't taken time to modernize their company and may not provide top tier service.      The second website I visited was Penny Juice. Like MGBD Parts, the homepage is not giving me a clear message as to where they want me to go. I cant tell if they're selling a product, raising money, or just an info page. I also feel that the stock images that they put on their website steer me away from trusting their product, as it gives me the impression that there isn't tremendous pride in their bran